21 May 2008

You need to go to HeroesCon & Indie Island. I am.

I am very excited about being a guest in Indie Island at this year's HeroesCon June 20-22. HeroesCon Creative Director and MC of Awesomeness Dustin Harbin has been very kind and posted nice words about me at their blog. I've been a part of HeroesCon's Artist Alley in previous years but this is my first time as a guest. Even if I were not a guest I would still want to go. HeroesCon is the most fan friendly, indie friendly and kid friendly show I've ever been too. As a fan I've met, received sketches and even had drinks with some of my comics heroes. (I rode the elevator with Lou Ferrigno once. I was dying to ask him to throw me through a wall but I chickened out. I bet Dustin Harbin would throw me through a wall though.) As a creator I've met a lot of smiling faces that are very supportive of my brand of indie comics goodness. Shelton Drum and Dustin Harbin are two of the coolest guys in the funnybook biz and work tirelessly from open to close to make sure all the fans and guests are having a great time. If you are a fan, you need to go to HeroesCon. If you are a creator, you need to go to Heroes Con.

Here is what you need to do:
Go to the HeroesCon site and bask in the glory of it's mighty guest list.
Go to the Indie Island site and weep tears of joy at the sight of it's mighty guest list.
Go to the schedule page and start marking your calendars for when and where you need to be.
Order your tickets.
Book your hotel room.
Buy a T-shirt.
Live happily ever after.
Rinse. Repeat.


I'll be somewhere on Indie Island with my favorite Cute Girls, Brad McGinty and Josh Latta. I'll have some freshly printed copies of my Small Bible as well as a new printing of Brush & Pen, my foldies, a new Bag of Savages and hopefully at least one new goodie just for my pals at HeroesCon. I also plan to offer a free sketch with each purchase. More on all that as we get closer to the show and I get closer to having everything printed up.
Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

4 comments:

Josh Latta said...

I'm looking forward to it too!

It's been a while, huh?
I sure wish i had a lotta stuff to fill the table, but sadly, I 'll have nothing that's new...

Shano said...

Hey, Rashy 4 will be new to the HeroesCon crowd. I won't have my big collection book ready but I'm putting together a sampler of it. I'm re-printing Brush and Pen. It wont' be new but I figure if I'm going to go through the trouble of re-printing the thing I may as well clean it up and give it a nice new cover. I'll have a new Bag of Savages. (The contents won't be that new but the bag will!) I think the last time I was at Heroes I only had three books so most of my stuff will be new to Charlotte anyway.

Dustin Harbin said...

Shannon you're the best! I'm supposed to be playing "Beat The Soul-Crushing Deadline", and instead I get this goofy MySpace bulletin from Josh Latta, with a COMPLETELY broken link, and then waste time a) reading about how great I am, and then b) responding! So tricky.

Shano said...

Just imagine how strong your soul will be on the morning of June 20th when you finally realize it is too late to meet those deadlines and you can officially give up.
It will all be worth it. As they say in the funnybooks and mudflaps, keep on truckin'.