31 July 2008

Go Read Brad N' Josh

Josh Latta has posted (what I beleive) is the complete run of one of my favorite tragically canceled comic strips on his blog. These jam strips are hilarious early comics by Josh and his Cute Girl Demographics partner Brad McGinty. This strip was once the only reason I picked up the InSite paper. I think the paper went under soon after they dropped the strip so take that papers that don't run Shannon Smith's favorite comics! I'm lucky enough to own these strips as collected in some of Brad and Josh's early minicomics but if you don't then you should go read these fine webcomics now. (They're comics. They're on the web. They're webcomics.) Speaking of webcomics... hey webcomics creators: Look at the fantastic hand lettering in these Brad N' Josh strips. If your computer generated webcomic lettering does not look as good as those Brad N' Josh strips then maybe it's time to re-evaluate your dependence on computer lettering. I'm just sayin'.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

2 comments:

Josh Latta said...

Thanks Shannon!

Y'know, they're are about 4 more strips.
The first three were damaged in my only copy of Brad N' Josh and the never-printed "sons of God" strip that I no longer have the original.

I think Insite is still around, but i can't be too sure.
All i know is it was always a lousy read and they always acted like they were doing us a favor by running the strip.
I hope they go bankrupt, the lousy jerks!

Shano said...

Yeah, I thought I remembered a few other strips. I still have my Brad N Josh minicomics in good shape. Are the other strips in those? I also have that VaJayJay mini somewhere. I love that thing.