03 January 2009

Run Strata Run!


Here is a sneak peak at one single panel of a minicomic/webcomic I'm working on called Zoob. This is the main character, Strata. This drawing is just pencil on typing paper. The blue tone was just an after thought I threw in when scanning. I'm planing not to ink this comic at all. I want to stick with very dirty and spontaneous looking pencils like what you would find in a school kid's notebook. It's a style I'm playing around with. I would not use this style on everything. It's the total opposite of the style I'm using for another couple of projects I'm working on simultaneously. With those projects I'm going for very smooth lines inked with a brush. But for Zoob, I want things messy. Lots more to come. Drop me a comment and let me know what you think.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: