28 March 2009

Saturday Rock Show: The Rage parts 5, 6 & 7.


Punk Song was one of the earlier songs The Rage put together. I think I was about 19 when I banged out the riff and the lyrics.  Sonically it is probably more of a sped up version of Black Sabbath than punk but the attitude was pure punk.  The message is basically the same as that of Satisfaction, My Generation, I Wanna Be Sedated or Smells Like Teen Spirit; I'm young and I'm not happy about this world the last generation has left me.  It might be our most popular live song.  We played it at just about every gig.  It was usually our opening song.  The crowds always got up and got crazy during it.  It's just so simple, fast and aggressive.  I dig it.

This is just a glimpse at the awesomeness that is Trigger Mortis. The Rage movie had a lot of little interview bits mixed in but I'm not inclined to preserve all of them for youTube nation. They don't really add a lot to the songs and seem odd taken out of context of the movie as a whole. But, I find the bits with Trigger to be really engaging so I'll leave a few of those in. Maybe I'll post the interviews in their entirety at a later date. Maybe.
Never Forgive is a pretty dark and desperate song.  One of our later songs.  This performance is probably one of the first times we played it.  It is obviously influenced by a lot of the dark movies, books and comics I was into at the time. Like a lot of our songs, it is a song from a movie that does not exist outside of my mind.  

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: