12 November 2009

When you buy my comics I mail you random sketches.

(As they say on teh intronets, click to enlarge.)

As long as time allows, I try to throw in a free sketch with the comics purchased on my online store. The image above is a pencil sketch I did this week based on a couple of images in a Jack Kirby 2001 comic. It's basically just an exercise in copying The King's style. There is absolutely nothing original about it but it was fun to draw.
This is a random sketch of Saul from the Old Testament. I think he is one of the most interesting people in the Bible. If I ever had the time I would like to do a comic about him so I've played around with what he should look like several times over the past few years. I don't think this is it. Far too handsome.
To get your own free sketch you can either buy my comics or play Mailcon. Getting stuff in the mail is awesome.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

2 comments:

Henry Eudy said...

Hey, I got to be the proud owner of that Kirby homage up there. Thanks a lot for it, I really do dig it! Also I really enjoyed your comics and, shortly after reading them, ran off and made two new pages of my own. So thanks for the drawing, the comics and the inspiration. Keep on rockin' on, bestest friend ever!

Shano said...

That is awesome. Glad you got them and glad you liked them. Thanks!