02 June 2010

I'll be a guest on Indie Island at HeroesCon this weekend.

I will be at HeroesCon in Charlotte NC this Friday and Saturday, June 4th and 5th.  I will be on Indie Island table AA-429.  My important announcement as far as file under other readers go is as follows:

ATTN: SMALL PRESS AND MINICOMICS CREATORS-- IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR BOOKS REVIEWED AT FILE UNDER OTHER, PLEASE BRING ME A COPY AT HEROES CON.  EVERY BOOK I AM GIVEN WILL BE REVIEWED EITHER IN A POST-HEROESCON ARTICLE OR IN AN INDIVIDUAL REVIEW. 

I've done this a few times in the past and it usually works out really well.  You, save on the postage of sending out a review copy and I get material to keep file under other rolling for the rest of the year.

Now, I know there are folks out there that will see this and say, "hey you jerk, I sent you stuff a long time ago and you still have not reviewed it".  I know.  I know.  I'm behind.  But I'm going to catch up.  2010- the year I catch up.  Honest.  You just wait.  You'll see.   Your books will be reviewed and you will totally forget the months and months you were up all night wondering when oh when will file under other review your book.  Just wait.  You'll see.  It will be great.

Another file under other related idea I had for HeroesCon was to bring some samples from my huge minicomics collection.  I'm going to bring the Good Minnesotan 4 preview copy with me for folks to check out.  If there are other comics you've seen reviewed here that you might want to see then please use the comments feature below and let me know.  The sooner the better. 

I will also be bringing a hand full of copies of shiot crock sixteen hot off the presses.  (pictured above)  shiot crock is the unofficial anthology of The Comics Journal message board.  It contains a bunch of great cartoonists, several of which will be on Indie Island.  shiot crock is generally a very small exclusive project with a tiny print run so I think this is the first time additional copies will be made public.  I will only have a handful on sale at the show so get there early.  I am the editor/publisher of the book and I also have a few pages of comics in there.  It is a 128 page trade paperback sized book with a fantastic color cover for just $10.  I will not make the official publication announcement about the book until sometime after HeroesCon so consider this an early bird special.

I will also be at the show not as file under other but as just plain old Shannon Smith.  Plain old Shannon Smith is also a cartoonist and I'll have a bunch of my books there.  I'll have Shannon Smith is Addicted to Distraction #1 which I have never had at HeroesCon before.  I'll also have Small Bible, Brush and Pen, Bag of Savages and a bunch of mini minis.  I also have a comic in the new Dollar Bin anthology.  I was in last year's book too.  You should be able to track down the Dollar Bin gang for both of those books.  I plan to have some original comics pages there for sale.  I will do free pencil sketches.  I'll do inked drawings starting at $5.00 depending on how time consuming the request is.

So, if you are going to HeroesCon then please drop by.  Since we are in Charlotte, I'll even talk NASCAR  with ya.  And if you are not going to HeroesCon then what is wrong with you?  It's the last great American comic-con!   You need to go.  If you read this blog then you must like small press and minicomics.  If that is the case then you really need to visit Indie Island and check out all the great folks there.  I wish I had more time to go through the guest list and tell you who I am excited about but it's pretty much the entire Indie Island page.  So, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Hope to see you there.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

Linkage:
shiot crock sixteen 

p.s. By the time I get to the show Friday morning I probably will not have slept in a couple of days so, I might be a jerk.  Sorry.
p.p.s  If you are trying to find me, I look exactly like this...

No comments: