27 July 2006

Zine-a-polooza 06.


PHOTO: Brad McGinty, Josh Latta and Shannon Smith speak to a standing room only crowd during their "What's Up With Spider-Man's Eye?" panel.

UPDATE: 7/31/06. There was very little customer turn out for this year's Zine-a-palooza but I got to hang out with my pals Brad and Josh from Cutegirldemographics. Brad had two new awesome minis. His new book Brad 30078 surpasses his book Powdered Cat as the most laugh-out-loud-shoot-Coke-out-my-nose mini I've ever read. "Hip Hop has stolen Christmas!" It was good to see some other mini-comic peeps like Jeff Manley and Delaine Green. I met Casey who I know from The Comics Journal's message board. I also got a cool mini from Fawne D. which unravels the mystery of the how to get an eight page comic out of one sheet of paper. I met and talked with several other Atlanta area mini-comic/zine peeps but I'm bad with names. I did sign some of their mailing lists though. So, I had a good time but I did not sale much. If I had sold more I would have bought Jeff Manley's book Isn't It Beautiful.

Your best pal ever,

Shannon

I'll be at zine-a-polooza in Duluth this weekend. I may even have a new mini for sale. More importantly, Cute Girl Demographics will have comics that are new to me and that's all it takes to get me out of the subdivision. If you are near Atlanta, this was a fun show last year. At least for me anyway.
Your best pal ever,
Shannon

No comments: