04 September 2007

Being James Kochalka

I did this 'diary' comic in the style of James Kochalka. I've thought about doing diary comics for a long time now and the biggest thing stopping me was the fear of being too much like James Kochalka. When the slice-of-life moment in the comic happened I decided to just go ahead with it and rather than to waste energy trying not to look like Kochalka, I decided to go the opposite direction and copy the style as best I could. Having made the comic, I don't know what is harder, trying not to steal Kochalka's style or trying to imitate it. Either way, I think it's a funny comic. Click here for more of my comix. Visit americanelf.com to see the real James Kochalka's fine comics. If the above comic is too small for you to read, just click on it for a larger version.

Your best pal ever,

Shannon Smith

No comments: