12 February 2008

On the Potomac Primaries

Random thoughts on today's so called Potomac Primaries:
  • I live in Virginia. I voted today. I don't live anywhere near the Potomac. Many of the Virginians that do seem to think the state ends somewhere around Richmond. The candidates and the media seem to think the state ends somewhere around Washington D.C.
  • It's a big state. Trust me. I've seen it on a map. I've driven from one end to the other. It was a long drive.
  • "...voter participation is expected to be high in the so-called "Potomac Primaries." Yeah, there was exactly one other voter at my polling place when I voted this morning.
  • I'm not saying the folks in my neck of the woods don't care about politics. Quite the contrary. In fact about 600 of my neighbors met last night about a proposed power plant. What I'm saying is politics does not care about my neck of the woods. It's a little frustrating.
  • I'm just saying.

Your best pal ever,

Shannon Smith

No comments: