13 December 2008

Electric Landlady.


This is a two page story I did for Narrative Corpse.  Please click each image to see it at a readable size.  If you read it and wonder why it does not really have a beginning that is because it is part of a project where you continue from the last panel of the creator that is in the project before you.  Rod McKie does a good job of explaining it all here.  You can read the whole story here.  It should be re-formatted soon in a way that will be easier to read and might even be a book.  Hopefully.
What I was given to work with was a panel with a close up of the dude with the curly things in his head.  So, naturally, my first impulse was to re-tell Saint Paul's conversion with Jesus only portrayed by a Jimi Hendrix angel and have Jimi speak almost exclusively in song lyrics.  I mean, it was really the obvious way to go right?

This was drawn in pencil on 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock, inked with a variety of pens I had lying around and the tones were thrown in with Photoshop.  Anything Hendrix related should probably have a lot of color but the Corpse is black and white so I used the tones to compensate.  I also wanted the thing to look like 60's era underground comics because, ya know, Hendrix was a 60's guy and I love that period anyway.

Read, enjoy and let me know what you think.  Thanks pals!

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: