06 January 2009

Anthony Bourdain quick sketch.

(Quick pencil sketch of Anthony Bourdain drawn 1/5/9.)

I really enjoy Anthony Bourdain's travel show No Reservations.  I watched the first episode of the new season last night and it was great.  (They were all drunk before the first commercial break and it had "wrasslers".)  After the show and walking the dog I realized that I had not drawn anything all day.  I was too tired to dig into any of my comic projects so I knocked out this quick sketch of Bourdain.  I don't think it looks a whole lot like him but I think I got his casual posture.  That's really where I'm at in my drawing right now.  I don't care so much about details.  It is all about the line of action, the motion and the shading for me right now.  Bourdain has a unique body type.  I don't know how tall he is but all of his lines are really long.  A Larry Bird kind of physique but with much more relaxed posture.  I probably should have drawn him in profile because he has this great walk where this torso and shoulders are laid back and his feet seem to reach their destination long before the rest of him.
If you don't watch No Reservations then, well, I mean, well, I can't make you people be awesome, I can only make suggestions.  You have to want it.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: