01 January 2009

I dream of Kirby and candy bars.


I was taking a nap yesterday evening and I had this awesome dream. My wife and I were on some sort of vacation. We were staying in a motel and the room and vibe were totally 60's or maybe 70's. I can't really testify to what a 60's vibe is since I was not alive then but the decor, the clothes, the carpet, the colors and especially the TV. I was sitting on the couch smoking (I don't smoke but I think it was required in the 60's and 70's) and I was watching a Fantastic Four cartoon. It was a lot like the cartoon sampled above except that the whole thing was drawn by Jack Kirby and it had these elaborate long zoom establishing shots of the city and Reed Richard's gizmos that were animated by little highly detailed models that Kirby built himself. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I wish it were real.

After cartoons we went to a super market. An old school super market from back when they called them super markets. Probably a Piggly Wiggly. I discovered in the produce section that they had this big supply of Oh Henry candy bars right there with the carrots and cabbage. They looked so good I started eating one right there in the store.

Later that evening, back in the real world of the awake, I went to a convenience store and bought an Oh Henry bar. It was really good.  The moral of this story?  Follow your dreams little children.  You may not be able to will good TV into existence but you can buy a good candy bar.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: