06 January 2009

Let's go ice skating with Midge.

This is a quick pencil sketch of Midge from the Archie comics.  I just drew this up during lunch break.  It's pretty much a straight lift of an image from a Reggie story called "The Master Mind".  Lifting someone else is not a big challenge but drawing the characters "on model" is kind of the point with Archie stuff so really it's all like decades of guys aping each other.  I would love to give credit to the original artist but he is not named.  (Possibly 80's DeCarlo.) What makes Midge any different from Betty or Veronica? Not much.  Shorter hair and a bit rounder face.  Same exact body of course.  The main reason I wanted to draw this is because of her outfit.  What is up with that triangle?  It looks like she's off to go ice skating with the Legion of Superheroes.  I like shirts with triangles on them so I figured this would be a fun sketch.  And yeah, I know those hands are terrible but we can't all be great at drawing hands now can we?  

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: