18 January 2009

Six year old girls like Dazzler comics.

(The torn, re-taped and re-stapled cover of Dazzler #2 from 1981.  Art by Romita Jr. and Al Milgrom.)

I posted this on my kids' art blog but I thought I would post it here as well because it's comics and more often than not this is a comics blog.  We picked up this Dazzler comic for less than a dollar and my daughter likes it a lot.  It makes perfect sense that a little girl would like Dazzler.  She is basically Hannah Montana with super powers and roller skates.  It seems to me that if someone were to produce a Dazzler TV show with toys, clothes and accessories today it would be like printing money.  Heck, it might even make a decent comic book.  Oh if only kids read comic books... wait, they do read comic books!  You just have to give them twenty year old comics you found on the floor of a comic shop.  Honestly, looking at comic books and drawing the characters is the only thing in my daughter's world that can even compete with the Nintendo DS right now.  That is saying a lot.
Here is my six year old's version of the cover.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

2 comments:

Brad McGinty said...

That's awesome! She's good!

Shano said...

Thanks. She should be ready to draw all my comics for me soon. If I can afford her page rate.