03 February 2009

Hourly Comic Day 8:00 AM


This past Sunday, 2/1/9, not only did I enjoy watching the Steelers win their 6th Super Bowl, but I also participated in Hourly Comic Day.  Basically I drew a little diary comic for every hour I was awake.  I like diary comics but I've never really done any before with the intention of showing them to anyone.  It is a very rushed style of drawing that looks pretty terrible to me but it is a good exercise so I figure I'll share the results.  I drew these really small.  I don't know why.  I guess the economic crisis has inspired me to save paper or something.  Or, maybe it was because I was still half asleep when I started drawing at 8 AM Sunday.  I drew most of the panels at the size of a business card but a lot of them I drew at about the size of a stamp.  I don't recommend it.  All of these strips are just pencil on typing paper.  Nothing fancy.  No editing.  Minimal erasing.  As it says in the first strip, the time listed is not the time the events happened but the time they were drawn.  Check them out.  Blogger posts images pretty small so CLICK TO ENLARGE.  A new strip should appear here on the hour every hour from now (8 AM Tuesday) until Midnight.  So, come back each hour and check them out.  Hope you enjoy them.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

p.s.  My foot still hurts.

p.p.s.  The first two strips are the worst.  I was half asleep.  They get better.  I promise.

No comments: