13 February 2009

The Nightmare Before Valentine's Day

(By all means, click the image to enlarge.)
I'm working on a giant homemade Valentine's Day card to give my wife tonight when she gets home from work.  (I'm scheduling this post not to appear until about the time she leaves for work.)  Our very first date was to see The Nightmare Before Christmas so I'm using that for the theme of the card.  This is just a pencil drawing with photoshop colors.  I'm getting comfortable with this all pencil style.  I may never ink again.  (Actually I'm working on a six pager that will be inked with a brush.  Whatever is best for each individual project.)
Here is a look at the plain old pencils.  As always you are welcome to hit me up with the comments button and let me know what you think.  Happy Valentine's Day.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

2 comments:

Paul F. McDonald said...

OMG I love that one.

Now, if you could just do an Underworld themed one for Patti and me.

And look on the bright side - you would get to draw Kate Beckinsale.

Shano said...

Thanks. I might take you up on the Underground drawing. I've only seen it once and it was years ago. Not sure I know how to draw "pleather"