02 June 2011

HeroesCon this weekend. Be there!

So yeah.  HeroesCon starts tomorrow (Friday) in Charlotte NC.  I will be a guest on Indie Island.  I'll be sitting (well, more like standing/staggering) in the Top Shelf/Wide Awake Press Lagoon area of the island.  Just look for the best looking guys in the building.  Then keep looking around until you see us. 
Normally I would have liked to have posted an extensive preview report about what I'm looking forward to.  But, I'm busy.  I hope to make enough money to buy Robert Venditti and Brad McGinty's new books and some comics for the kids.  I've got a checklist of folks I want to say hi to that runs two notebook pages long.  Heroes is great folks.  Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, you need to drop that right now and start driving, hitching, flying, sailing and/or moonwalking to Charlotte right now.
Hopefully, I'll have a new minicomic with me on Friday.  It's called #RockingSoHard (aka Shannon Smith is Addicted to Distraction No. 2).  It's got fake Spider-Man, fake Hulk and fake me in it.  It's probably the best comic that's ever been made.  Well, I did read an issue of Sonic the Hedgehog that was a little bit better, but other than that.  I'll also have some of my older comics and the Shiot Crock 16 anthology.  If I get them cut tonight, I plan on selling inked  5 1/2 X 8 1/2 sketchcards this weekend.  As always I'll do quick pencil sketches in your sketchbooks for free.  I also plan on bringing a bunch of originals and selling them dirt cheap.  I've got a hundred or so originals I'm going to sort through this evening and I'll pick out some fun stuff for you folks to check out and make your own. 

So, I'm way to busy to keep on blabbing about this.  I've got a nose to floss, teeth to comb, shoes to iron and underwear to shine.  Just get in your car and drive to Charlotte already okay!

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: