24 July 2008

MailCon: Dawnstar for Aaron Cullers

(Click the pic for a larger image.)

This is a pen and pencil sketch of Dawnstar from the Legion of Super-Heroes for Aaron Cullers. She was originally drawn by Mik Grell who is one of my favorite artists so this was fun for me. It's a simple but neat character design. Native American meets angel meets cheesecake. Like most of Grell's designs, she has lots of hair and feathers and things that look good in motion. I thought about going with the style they used on the Legion cartoon but eventually decided to just start drawing and see what happened. (Man, why did they cancel that cartoon? I loved that cartoon!)

You too can play MailCon!

Your best pal ever,

Shannon Smith



2 comments:

Cullers said...

It arrived and I dig it! Thank you!

Shano said...

Thank you for playing. It was fun to draw. I like your Legion art gallery. Good stuff.