09 June 2009

I bought The Deadbeat and you should too.

(A quick sketch of a younger version of The Deadbeat by Jeremy Massie.)

On Saturday I took the kids over to Cavalier comics in Wise where Jeremy Massie was signing his new graphic novel, The Deadbeat. I have reviewed most of it's contents in their original minicomic form here and here. Simply put, it's a great read and Alterna did a great job on the graphic novel version. I love the size, the print quality, the cover quality and most importantly, it smells great. Congratulations to Jeremy on a great looking book. It's really cool for me as a reviewer at file under other to see something I originally covered as a minicomic be released as a nice book and over the past year Jeremy and I have become pals so I'm really happy for him.
This is what the cover looks like. You should go to your favorite comic book shop and buy a copy today. It's really affordable at just $6.95. I think you can also buy it here. Jeremy will also be at HeroesCon in a couple of weeks. If you are going you should look him up.
Jeremy also threw in the above sketch and wrote a personal note in the inside copy of my book. It made me feel swell. Thanks Jeremy!

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

1 comment:

Massie said...

Hey, Thank YOU man!