26 October 2009

Save Christmas. Buy my toys and comics.

It's that time of year again where I start worrying about where the money for my kid's Christmas presents is going to come from. Well, hopefully it will come from my basement. As in, I need to sell everything in my basement. Now what does that have to do with you? Everything. You are the ones that need to buy everything in my basement. Now I could just post this stuff on eBay but I want to avoid that. I've been selling stuff on eBay for a long time and I always, always, always loose money. eBay sucks folks. All your money for your prized possessions goes to eBay, Pay Pal and the post office. So, I'm thinking about just posting stuff on here and letting my pals make me offers on it and they buy the stuff straight up. Yeah, you can still pay by Pal Pal and I'll still be paying the post office but at least we can cut out eBay right? One out of three ain't bad.
Now the next matter of business. What do I have for sell. I think a better question would be, what do you want to buy? Simply put, if it was made for nerds between about 1978 and 2001 I've probably got it in my basement. Toys, comics, junk etc. You tell, me. What are you looking for. Seriously, if there is some nerd junk you need I might just have it. Send me an email and we'll work it out.
Here's some random junk I have down there just to give you an idea:

  • Just about every Star Wars toy Kenner/Hasbro made between 1978 and 2001. The original stuff, the Power of the Force stuff and the Prequel stuff up to when my daughter was born in 2002 and I had to stop buying toys for myself. I'm serious. Ask. I've probably got it. It would take me a month to catalog it and post a list so just ask and I'll go dig and see what I have and what shape it is in. Most all of the 90's and 00's stuff is mint in package. I'd rather cut off one of my toes than to sell it but the kids want Christmas and no one seems to want to buy one of my toes. (I will sell a couple of toes if anyone is looking though. Seriously. The dang things have brought me nothing but trouble.)
  • Super hero junk. I've got a bunch of Secret Wars stuff from the 80s. X-Men and other Marvel hero stuff from the 90's. Total Justice and JLA figures from the 90's.
  • Tron. Yeah, that's right. I've got Tron toys.
  • Clash of the Titans. Yeah, I've got that too. Need a Kraken? I got yer Kraken.
  • Beatles. I've got those Yellow Submarine toys.
  • Kiss. I've got the big honkin' Todd McFarlane things.
  • X-Files. You need X-Files toys don't cha? How can you remember the 90's without them. You can't. That's how. You can't.
  • Comics. Great googly moogly I don't even know where to begin. I've got about 2000 comics down there from the 70's through yesterday. Big runs of the Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man and lots of other random junk. Marvel, DC, Image and indie stuff. Just ask and I'll check and see if I have it and I'll make you a deal.
I'd also consider selling my prized possession. A 1989 American Standard Fender Stratocaster. Yep. That's right. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best guitar ever made. Right before they went to those gosh awful satin necks. It is American made, Olympic white with a pearloid pickguard, maple neck and a lace sensor in the bridge. It's got some nicks and scratches that's because it's a real guitar that has been played. Those give it character. Seriously. I'd rather jab out my eyes than sell it but no one is buying eyes. (Just let me know if you know anyone that is buying eyes. The dang things have brought me nothing but trouble.)

So yeah. Like, buy my stuff. Seriously. I'll cut you an awesome deal. If you are looking for any of these awesome nerd items or any other junk I might happen to have, just shoot me an email. Oh, and I make comics and sell them too. Great stocking stuffers for children 18 and older.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

2 comments:

Henry Eudy said...

In truth, I've been meaning to order some of your comics for a while now. I picked up several of the small ones last year at Fluke and really enjoyed them. Guess this here is the perfect time to do so.

Shano said...

Thank you! You are the best!